As part of our provision during the continuing COVID 19 pandemic, the school has robust structures in place to ensure your child continues their learning should their normal in-school provision be impacted. This will be because of either isolation of individual pupils, bubbles or an individual teacher.
Please see the details below.
Please contact the school for further information, if required.
MY CHILD IS SELF ISOLATING
Once you have a confirmed positive test result, if your child is well and self-isolating, we will provide work for them at home which they MUST complete and return to school.
Please contact the school to tell us if your child is self-isolating and whether they are awaiting a test result for themselves, or if they have to isolate for 14 days due to being in close contact with a confirmed case.
Following this, the class teacher will contact you to inform you where you can obtain the planning and resources. The work will, where possible, mirror what the rest of the class are doing in school. The blended learning package may be a combination of printed resources sent home and activities posted on our Home Learning Portal, please click on the blue button.
Passwords for websites the children may need to login to, have been provided by the school. Should you not have these at home, please contact the school office.
The class teacher may also make contact with your child via telephone calls and email support will be available via the class email address.
IF YOUR CHILD HAS TO ISOLATE FOR 14 DAYS AS PART OF A SCHOOL OR 'BUBBLE' CLOSURE
If your child is well they will be expected to attend our virtual school. This is due to the fact that we could end up with regular closures if transmission rates are high and it is crucial that your child does not fall behind their peers. Therefore, completing the work set will be mandatory, and if your child is unwell at any point and cannot complete the work, you must contact the school to let us know.
Should the bubble or school be closed the following will take place:
- The school will contact you with the necessary information regarding the closure and return.
- The school will contact you reminding you about our home learning platform. Teaching resources and activities will be uploaded daily. Children will be expected to complete the tasks to the best of their ability and be ready to share their finished work via the class email.
- The school will continue to use the online resources used during the previous lockdown period.
- Teachers will make contact with your child via telephone. Please ensure a current and accessible telephone number is provided to school.
- Teachers will endeavour to respond to pupil's questions that they have sent to the class email address as soon as it is practically possible.
- Teachers may also provide some videos for you to watch that will support your child's learning. For example, they may introduce a longer piece of work to be done over a few days or read a story that might inspire some writing.
Please make sure you have access to the school APP for the latest information and that we have the correct email address for you.
IF THE TEACHER IS WELL AND SELF ISOLATING DUE TO BEING IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH A CONFIRMED CASE
Lessons in class will continue as normal. A supply teacher or Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HTLA) will teach the class. All lessons and activities, however, will be planned and monitored by the class teacher to ensure continuity in your child's learning.
If the class teacher is out for two weeks of self isolation, the school will inform parents.